RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way US-RRS-2006 should have been configured from the get-go!

IMAG0658-1.jpg

Finally time displayed in the center counsole along with the three blinker-changer-switch lane mechanism.
Oh thank you Gap-Diagnostics and your IIDTool - Truly Amazed!

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
225 Posts
Re: The way US-RRS-2006 should have been configured from the get-go!

I need do this. Any negatives to doing the update?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thus far - no problems. I was looking for a diagnostic tool at first. Then after some research I found this IIDtool from Gap-D that did a lot more than just diag - so I went with this. Very easy to use.

·
Registered
152 Posts

Wow NICE how do I get this???? what update and is that already in the cluster just never turned on in USA????

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The cluster is simply the messenger - so the latest/newerRRS software just writes the clock into the cluster. Do a search here on rangerovers.net or another source to find who carries this tool IIDtool from Britpart/Gap-Dianostics and go from there for the best deal. Lucky8 carries them & Island 4X4 in UK....there are others as well. If/when you get the tool you will need to activate it and then update the firmware to the latest version 2.18.05. then you're good to go. I would also download the user manual from gap-diag verison 2.18.25. At first I really wanted a handheld diagnostic tool, but after I discovered how easy/effortless it was to use this IIDtool (using the cluster display - with no cables attached) I wondered why I would have wanted anything else. Extremely Easy to Use and way more options than the basic diag device.

·
Registered
78 Posts

It would be nice..dont know why this truck has so many hidden secrets I'm just finding out now..anyone in southern california that I can go to for this?

·
Registered
606 Posts

What else can this gap thing do? I know it can adjust height but what else can we configure on our rigs?

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
225 Posts

Going to do the three blinker turn signal update Thursday night & may lower it bit more depending on how new wheels look.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

What else can this gap thing do? I know it can adjust height but what else can we configure on our rigs?
The list is quite extensive - but it depends on the year of your rover and what options were included/are actually on it. The tool unlocks/pairs to your rover only though - with the ability to add unlock licenses to it as needed for other vehicles.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Going to do the three blinker turn signal update Thursday night & may lower it bit more depending on how new wheels look.
I really like the three-blink option and the ease to raise and lower this rover is very convenient. What wheels did you get?
Post a picture when you have them mounted

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

It would be nice..dont know why this truck has so many hidden secrets I'm just finding out now..anyone in southern california that I can go to for this?
Unfortunately since these diag-tools only link up with one rover (one can purchase more unlocks if needed) it can't be used on another rover :( and who knows all the secrets you rover has in store for you :shhh: I'm still waiting to use it off-road. These rovers are amazing vehicles

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

On a 2010+ Sport / LR4 you can:

- Enable the MPH digital speedometer on the lower right corner of the TFT display (factory disabled in North America);
- Enable global windows close with the remote (you can only remotely open them in the US, not close them);
- Enable a "chirp" when locking doors - chirp on the first or second remote press;
- Disable TPMS - for all wheels or for the spare wheel only;
- Disable / enable side mirrors auto-folding when doors are locked;
- Enable / disable 3-blinks turn signal thingie.

... And that's just what I remember doing on my 2013 LR4 in 10 minutes. As mentioned, some of these features may or may not be available, depending on your model year and factory options. For example, if your car didn't come with electrically folding mirrors, changing the auto-fold option will have no effect.

·
Registered
314 Posts

What is the "three blinker-changer-switch lane mechanism" ?

The picture posted shows the time on the left and temperature on the right. I already have that so it is not obvious to me what is being tauted on the display that is so helpful and would appreciate if someone could kindly explain (so that I can slap my forehead and say DUH !)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

The 3-blinks feature activates the turn signal 3 times when you lightly tap the turn signal stalk in that direction (without moving it all the way past the detente point, as you would when actually making a left or right turn), which is useful on the road when passing someone or changing lanes, so you don't have to remember to manually move the stalk back to the neutral / center position after completing the pass or changing lane. And regarding the time displayed, up to MY07 that digital clock was not displayed in the instrument cluster, only on the head unit LCD. As you know, besides being harder to read the clock on the radio LCD "disappears" when you are on the phone. A small annoyance, but an annoyance nevertheless.

·
Registered
123 Posts

thank you grasshopper, I was also wondering, but was too embarrassed. I have an 08 RRS also, so we already have the 3 blinker thing and the time/clock

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
225 Posts

I really like the three-blink option and the ease to raise and lower this rover is very convenient. What wheels did you get?
Post a picture when you have them mounted
Vossen CV3's in matte graphite, 22x10.5. Hopefully get them at end of week so will post pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts