RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello Range rover forum,

Im here with my troubles and problems again :).

This time I managed to break my sump and getting new one is bit too expensive, so I was wondering will BMW 525tds sump fit, it is same engine just think that got my questioning it was that when I change oil on my range rover it usually takes about 8 something liters of oil while in BMW manual it is written it takes onlky 6.5 liters of oil, I was thinking maybe they have made the sump bigger for range rover or something, does anybody know anything about it ?

Thank you again for your quick and always helpful answer :) if I would meet you in pub I would get you all drunk :)

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,410 Posts
When L/R fitted the M51 BMW diesel engine they modified the sump to cope with the arduous conditions and the extreme angles the vehicle could be subject to. The sump capacity was increased and they also fitted a new oil pickup pipe.

They do occasionally come up for sale on UK Ebay. I have a spare one - sorry I want to keep it.

I don't know if the 525tds car sump fits, but I would think they can be bought dirt cheap s/h to try. You need to get the pickup pipe to go with it. Suggest you then just wait until the proper one comes up.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Just remove it, find any half decent welder, and get it pounded out and TIG welded, preferably before he hits the wine.....
I can guarantee it would take you longer to remove it, than it would take me to repair it, if I was local to you.

Martin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts