RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the LH blower motor, on a LH drive? There are a butt-load of wiring harnesses in the way. Is there a secret to it, or do you just have to keep trying to wiggle it loose? I swear its like trying to defuse a bomb.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
91 Posts
keep taking stuff apart until it comes out then replace all the stuff u removed :)

the main harness that is in your way is in a plastic conduit. this has a couple of teats that plug into holes on the metal brace that is also in the way. if you squeeze the teats you can undo that conduit to get it out of your way, make sure you get that last one that is all the way forward and outboard towards the foot well. once the wire harness is out of the way its much easier to wiggle the blower motor out of the truck.
i dont think i actually disconnected any of the electrical connectors themselves, but had to unclip many from the mounting points. although i might be wrong. take care with the SRS sytem wiring, its yellow and tagged. this is for the airbag/restraint systems. if its disconnected and the key gets turned on you will earn a trip to the dealer for a light reset. and dont damage those wires either as "technically" there are no repairs allowed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts