RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The on-board-air-project

Well basicly its a hard wired compressor to inflate the tyres after the desert runs.

Its mounted under the driver seat and accessed through the little hatch on the frontside of the driver seat. Have a spiral hose permanently connected to the compressor which stores neatly under the seat. Just have to connect an additional switch to it to operate it from the dash - not required but convenient and cool.

The white box on the seat mount is a fuse box which will allow me to connect further applications from there. Thought its a good place - hidden, accessable and central.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Am looking at doing the same sort of thing myself. Am looking at an arb locker, and would like to pump up my tires, and have a fail safe for the eas pump if it poos itself in the middle of woop woop (wherever that is?). I drew up this last night so apologies it's not quite finished yet, but hopefully the concept is there. The green lines are the air side, and the black stuff is electrical.
There's a few options.
1. To have the eas pump operating the eas, and the aux operating the aux tank (at 80 psi).
2. To have the eas and aux pump operating the eas (bought about by the temperature switch on my perfectly fine eas pump triggering on a hot day in the sand).
3. To have the aux pump run the eas incase the eas pump breaks.

It's nerdy I know, but.... please tell me if i've got something wrong.

What sort of pump is that underneath your seat, it looks pretty big!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
benji said:
What sort of pump is that underneath your seat, it looks pretty big!
Well, it is big - but also quite juicy. I just stripped it dowm to the bare minimum and most important removed the fake (plastic) cooling fins. Therefore you can see the naked cylinder.
Its a Chinese compressor with actually works :thumb: . Seems that the guys had a good week over there. A couple of buddies use the same and are very happy.

Just a number: It inflates a 275/70 16 tyre from 10psi to 35 psi in about 30 sec. More then good for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts