RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love how if you mis-click you're sent to an ad! All I need is whatever they are selling! Plus i don't mind missing being able to find the "my posts" I'm sure once I get past the ads I'll find it! I don't really need to see what I was asking about a few days ago. I'll just sort through the hundreds of posts about stuff I don't care about! I'm just an old fogey anyway, I mean I am 26 years old, jeez I hate learning new tech, anyone seen the nurse, I'm hanckering for a apple sauce-ing! Also The new forum totally matches the old familiar site. it's like they were twins. :twisted:

New is good but frustrating when you just wanted to log in and see if anyone has a solution for your engine codes, you just want to click my posts. I guess I'll adapt.

New logo is good though.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sorry, but I really don't like the new layout, difficult to navigate, lost my avatar and all of my old pm's were all of a sudden unread! I hope I can get over my lost familiar and get to know the new! I hated coils on the Nineties, hated EAS on P38's, yet now I love EAS and the 90's and 110's are leaps and bounds beyond the old series models! In time I will love the new layout and no doubt lament IT'S passing eventually!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,198 Posts
And so fast and efficient too. Not to mention the ease of which we can post foto's now....

Martin

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
I love how everyone pitches a fit without looking through their settings and options or exploring what is available. :thumb:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,198 Posts
I have gone through them twice myself. Still sucks...`)
In layman's terms, of which a mere truck driver can understand, how do i post foto's up to make them appear as they used to?

Martin

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
+1

I hate not being able to quickly see the new posts when I enter the P38 forum... :(
Topics with new posts are in a different colour, have a different logo and the topic title is in bold instead of standard text.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
Sorry, but I really don't like the new layout, difficult to navigate, lost my avatar and all of my old pm's were all of a sudden unread! I hope I can get over my lost familiar and get to know the new! I hated coils on the Nineties, hated EAS on P38's, yet now I love EAS and the 90's and 110's are leaps and bounds beyond the old series models! In time I will love the new layout and no doubt lament IT'S passing eventually!
Reupload your avatar and mark your PMs read. It really is not that big of a deal.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
And so fast and efficient too. Not to mention the ease of which we can post foto's now....

Martin
The new photo function gives you the ability to have all of your uploaded pics in one place and easy to manage. THis is a feature several folks asked for. It's only a couple extra clicks and again, not that big of a deal. As far as speed you can change the number of topics that load on each page. Fewer topics loading means faster speed.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
I have gone through them twice myself. Still sucks...`)
In layman's terms, of which a mere truck driver can understand, how do i post foto's up to make them appear as they used to?

Martin
THere are somethings that did not transfer well from the old software. Sadly the IT department didn;t bother testing anything or even to see how things were set up. By jsut dumping everything into the new software we are still working around and on a few things. I actually don;t mind having only thumbnails. Thumbnails load much faster than huge pics that have to load and then resize on the page. It is certainly better than having to wait for page after page of some guy pics to load because he thinks everyone needs to see 20 pics of his oversized rims and ghetto kit. :mrgreen: At least this way you can click on the pics you want to see and ignore the ones you know you don;t care about. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts