RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It makes me very happy to find out how good a state the UK's P38s are in.

This is the only explanation I can come up with for the almost total lack of interest shown to the Gen 3 springs, gas shocks, drive pack etc that I've tried to sell, both here and on ebay. I'm not even going to bother advertising the rest of the parts.

Right now a giant LR parts bonfire is looking very appealing...

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
It makes me very happy to find out how good a state the UK's P38s are in.

This is the only explanation I can come up with for the almost total lack of interest shown to the Gen 3 springs, gas shocks, drive pack etc that I've tried to sell, both here and on ebay. I'm not even going to bother advertising the rest of the parts.

I think Tim it would be more of a case of the UK market being, maybe no so much flooded with P38 parts, but lets face it there alot more spare parts available there than anywhere else in the world, except maybe the U.A.E. If you were in Australia for example where not alot is available your bits would have been snapped up faster than my cat demolishes chicken. Maybe even if you shipped world wide perhaps? I know sometimes it's not worth the hassle but if you want to move the parts it is an option.. Good luck Tim :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I'd had the advantage of said flooded market...

That said, there doesn't seem to be deals to be had in new gen3s.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shadow Keeper said:
[quote="Tim (Scotland)":1n4fax8i]It makes me very happy to find out how good a state the UK's P38s are in.

I think Tim it would be more of a case of the UK market being, maybe no so much flooded with P38 parts, but lets face it there alot more spare parts available there than anywhere else in the world, except maybe the U.A.E. If you were in Australia for example where not alot is available your bits would have been snapped up faster than my cat demolishes chicken. Maybe even if you shipped world wide perhaps? I know sometimes it's not worth the hassle but if you want to move the parts it is an option.. Good luck Tim :thumb:[/quote:1n4fax8i]

My cat doesn't like chicken, she's very fussy though.
Have you shipped items from the UK to OZ before? I had an enquiry from Portugal but got crazy quotes to ship two air springs...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Royal Mail is way best :thumb: .

Stay away from couriers (I won't name names for fear of being sued) but I have bought a lot of stuff on E-Bay from UK suppliers and used Royal Mail.

It is often a good idea to post individual items rather than lump into one. Small Packet rate from UK to OZ is really good and quick.

Cheers
Jeff
ROMSEY, Victoria, Australia

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
ridiculous shipping costs or tax duties ?
I need to know how much you pay on import parts.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Why not put a complete list on here, Tim? I know it has gone into the wanted/sales forum before though.

Do also mention if new or used.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,365 Posts
996TURBO said:
On personal imports under $1000, we usually don't pay any import duty.

All goods (except for tobacco products and alcoholic beverages) may be imported duty and tax free if their value is $1,000 or less.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
p38arover said:
996TURBO said:

All goods (except for tobacco products and alcoholic beverages) may be imported duty and tax free if their value is $1,000 or less.
God bless the Ozzie's.
Tax free allowance for goods from outwith the EU is a paltry £37 over here.
Hold on, what's an Ozzie dollar worth... :think:

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rich998a said:
Why not put a complete list on here, Tim? I know it has gone into the wanted/sales forum before though.

Do also mention if new or used.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33944

That would be the word new used three times.
Thirty five views and not a peep.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,365 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
p38arover said:
996TURBO said:

God bless the Ozzie's.
Tax free allowance for goods from outwith the EU is a paltry £37 over here.
Hold on, what's an Ozzie dollar worth... :think:
A$1000 = approx 500 quid.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Just organised my third shipment from BritPartsUK to Brisbane, Aus. The trick is to optimise the value vs weight as regards delivery costs.I recently priced some axle and hub seals plus drive shaft locknuts ... (new ball joints job being planned :roll: ). The delivery cost to Aus. was $25 on top of the $55 value of the order. The cost from the local stealer for the same order.... A$300 AND the stealer needed to get some of the stuff from Melb so the turnaround time was about the same... e.g. the $2.50 retaining nut from BritParts was quoted as $16+GST = $17.60 EACH from the stealer :shock:
The BritPartUK previous order, complete bushes/ball joints/4 height sensors , EAS drive box, ignition coils, power steering hose (big one ) and water pump saved me A$1200 on local prices for an $80 delivery... no brainer,,,and it was here delivered to front door 5 days (including the w/end) after pressing the "pay"button... ! Probably better I don't live in the UK... there's temptation enough with online ordering :shock: :twisted: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts