RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Community,

I have been having the Air Suspension light warning coming on for what appears no reason on my 2011 RR Sport. The ride is fine and i see the RR lift up when i start the engine. I turn off the car and turn back on and the light goes away. I have 85K on truck and no previous issues at all.
Any clues as to the issue, im thinking perhaps just a sensor as i see the rise and lowering. I have been told there should be no visible rise up when I start the car each day and this alone points to an issue?

Thanks

Simon.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
648 Posts
You need to get the codes read to be sure, but if I had to guess I would say that your desiccant in your compressor is getting old and breaking down. You will need to either replace the compressor or get the one you have rebuilt.

The issue will slowly get worse until the fault will be there all the time and you then risk other issues. You can buy kits online that contains new desiccant, filters, glide ring and piston ring, exhaust valve and desiccant chamber cap for a reasonable price. Only takes and hour or so to rebuild. Also as a minimum you should also clean out the central valve block as it may have white dust in it from the desiccant if the system has been faulting for a while.

Garry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts