RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all..
- I have been trouble-shooting a "Vehicle in off road Height", "lower vehicle after obstacle is clear" message. I seem to have narrowed it down but I just need clarification on the name of the parts. Is the 'Brass exhaust muffler', the 'Compressor Delivery Valve' and the 'Exhaust Valve' the same part?

I want to try and remove it myself based on an older forum exchange.. (below)

Originally Posted by RoverGuy7
For a quick fix on the raising when trying to lower, remove the top the the compressor (clamshell) and just take off the brass exhaust muffler. Drill a small hole though it, or just leave it off until you can get the right parts to fix it (it will be loud if you leave it off, but will not damage anything).

That may be the only thing causing the fault, and the sensor may just be on its way out.

Mirage

Huge Thanks roverguy7 I just removed the brass muffler and a bunch of white power junk came out of it, suspension faults all gone and it's lowering and raising up perfectly normal. should I put the top cover back on the compressor housing or just leave it open while I get the updated part?. I would assume to put it back on as to not let any water get into the area ?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
166 Posts
20180218_100914.jpg 20180218_101742.jpg 20180218_102033.jpg

I just did my as a preventive measure, lint free cloth is optional.

:thumb:

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose Buba, this means that it's called various names but we all know what 'part' I am talking about, even though it's on different model year rigs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts