RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

As anyone here knows, the Range Rover is the car that has to be dismantle in a way or another during it's ownership. `)

By you, indies or stealers. Those plastic clips often break or get loose. Very often you don't have any to replace. Universals do not work really well. :?

At the end, you've got a vehicle that has been repaired but with many panels of furniture making noises.

I think it may be usefull to have a list of pn for those that are frequently used.

I'm starting this topic because for a unknown reason my microcat doesn't work anymore and my local stealer do not want to make a search on his for cheap clips.

-Clip for windshield upper rubber strip, Qty 8 : DCE10038L
-Fastener kit for battery cover, Qty 3 of each : STC2874 and ERR3347
-Door Trim Panel Stud : MWC9134

-Clip for seat base furniture lightstone : ??

If you can complete with pn or other types, it may be usefull to all

Thanks

Florent

·
Registered
640 Posts
996TURBO said:
I think it may be usefull to have a list of pn for those that are frequently used.
996TURBO said:
-Clip for seat base furniture lightstone : ??
While this is a good idea, not to sure it will be very practical as there are proably at least a hundred different clips etc. i.e there are Five different Lightstone one's used on just the Front Seat alone, some off which are V.I.N number dependant.

However if it can be done go for it, and as I have access to a late copy of microcat I do not mind looking up the odd number or to within reason

Cheers

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good idea.

If you have never been to Napa auto parts, there is a pretty good variety of different types of clips, all for a very slight fraction of the price you would find them at at the dealer. (I found ones that hold the seat bases and rear cargo walls in)

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
NAPA auto parts - who in the UK is their equivalent???? Fed up on an odd weekend I can make time to mess around, of trawling pokey little corner shops who have 1 clip or going to the national chain of parts suppliers/bike sellers/er lost identity factors, whose 'technicians' can read a screen or a bar code but that's it - In just over 12 months only used a main LR dealer once for a new key and whilst not cheap in relative terms, they were knowledgeable and IIRC some parts are cheaper than e bay (hazard switch new)......

·
Registered
84 Posts
-Door Trim Panel Stud : MWC9134 bought some on ebay (where do they get the price from) Found they are to small to fit my 4.6 vogue 2000
Microcat quotes this part number but is it possible Door card fasteners were upgraded with 1999 facelift and Microcat not updated. Anyone solved this mystery?
Many thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
by coincidence Flo - just been checking today where I got my last set of clips from to sort trim on my 97 4.0 SE which recently passed on (yet to be sold as spares) as swapping really excellent parts onto her replacement (inc your sump guard) inevitably means clips break and some on the replacement are 'wrong' so Microcat and me are looking forward this week for some intimate discussion --- personally UK wise I think, and would love to be disproved, RR parts suppliers are possibly the most cost effective option,,,,, if u need assistance to get your MC working PM me and I'll see if I can help

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Hey Flo how are ya! I have all the original parts books as the dealer has or had for the P38, I can get all these part numbers and I probably have all the clips in a tub. While dismantling the P38's over the years I put all these clips in a big tub. I would love to send you a copy of these manuals if your interested, you pay for shipping...

Let me know

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-Door Trim Panel Stud : MWC9134 bought some on ebay (where do they get the price from) Found they are to small to fit my 4.6 vogue 2000
Microcat quotes this part number but is it possible Door card fasteners were upgraded with 1999 facelift and Microcat not updated. Anyone solved this mystery?
Many thanks
You're totally right. I didn't find the correct Door Trim Panel Stud for Gen2 door trims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts