RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover Supercharged [green], 2012 Range Rover Supercharged [black]
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After today's impulse buy of a second supercharged L322, I figured it was time to put together my own build thread to track everything I end up doing to the pair.

Let's start at the beginning of this story. I've been daily driving a Jaguar F Type for a few years but after golden retriever puppy started to grow it was time to add a car that she would also enjoy.

The F Type:

The puppy:

...now 75 lbs and not interested in getting in the f type:

So I knew I wanted a supercharged or autobiography L322...and I knew I wanted it in Green. Took a minute but I found one with some...extras.

full strut package and some huge wheels...not exactly my style but I bought it anyways and hopped on a flight from Los Angeles to Ohio to drive it back.

Pretty decent first road trip.

Day one I picked it up at the dealer and drove from Canton, OH to Chicago, IL:

Then day two Chicago to Denver [only picture I have of it in Denver]:

Day three Denver to Park City with a quick gas stop in Dinosaur [probably the first time this pavement princess has been in dirt]:

more pics of the strut package:

Park City is an easy place to spend a day or two...

then finally from Park City back to LA:

in LA for the first time with 2500 miles of grime on her gorgeous green paint:

second day in LA I got the terrible wheels pulled off and some proper Range Rover wheels thrown on:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in the light:

first wash [sorta], just wanted to get the bulk of the grime off

Stella's first ride she approves of her first ride:

first weekend i took it up a pretty basic trail with my buddy in his new LR4 to feel it out:

first ski trip two weeks later:

AC Compressor went out and had to replace that but I didn't take any pictures...dealer sorted that one for me

casual Veyron sighting

got the grill swapped out but forgot to order the front badge as well...

a week later the the badge came in thankfully:

needed some proper tires for it so I had these swapped in for snow duty and some better off-road performance [Cooper Discoverers]:

some light snow-roading with the puppy:

next morning I woke up to a Range Rover low rider -- local Park City Rover mechanic sorted it out quickly with two new front air springs:

gotta love the mountains:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Park City:

well now i feel like i need to upgrade my ski car...

got a good washing after a long road trip: LA -> Park City -> Seattle -> Portland -> Napa -> LA

trying to decide if i'm going to replace the black "Range Rover" lettering with the OEM Grey / Silver

...then today I woke up with no plans to buy another...and bought another:

after a few hours cleaning it up:

this black one has a lot of cosmetic needs but I'll crank them out over the next couple weeks. Found out the PO left the rear seats completely unbolted so that got sorted out first so its safe. Now diagnosing why the rear seat motors aren't working connection looks good, so do the fuses but haven't dug in too deep.

Does anyone know anything about this? Looks like a flat towing setup -- any info on who built these?

This new black one is likely going to end up living in Park City once i get it sorted out so I want to optimize off-road and some snow performance. I've been reading about putting some 33" K02s on and looks like the biggest issue is in the event of suspension failure you can't roll on the bump stops. Going to talk to my buddy's shop about having some spacers built for the subframe to see if that would work and let me run some proper 33s on it. This will happen once the cosmetics are sorted and the chain tensioner has been done.

Reactions: Mixwell and ventogt

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Nice job de-blinging the Green. A RR is such an awesome dog hauler, mine has a resident cushy dog bed in the back to keep my old guy comfy. The mesh pockets work well for leashes, poop bags, water bottles, bowls. The back of mine is basically a deluxe kennel. I wish there was an AC duct for the back or one of the seat cooler units for the back.
Funny, you have two awesome RR's that combined, probably cost less than a new or even lightly use Chevy Diesel p/u. Crazy value the used market gives us.
Perhaps just getting or building extended bump stops could work. It doesn't seem that L322 has enough EAS issues to spend too much on back up devices. The front bags seem to go at 7-10 years of age, replace, move on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice job de-blinging the Green.
still have some work to do and sort it out but I appreciate it!

A RR is such an awesome dog hauler, mine has a resident cushy dog bed in the back to keep my old guy comfy.
any pics? I've been thinking about trying to cut a foam bed to fit exactly but she's still young so I have some time until I NEED to figure it out

Funny, you have two awesome RR's that combined, probably cost less than a new or even lightly use Chevy Diesel p/u. Crazy value the used market gives us.
Absolute bargain in the second hand market for sure. There's a third for sale near me that has some small issues I'm very tempted by but I have absolutely no need for a third lol -- trying to find a local buddy who needs one to pick it up.

Perhaps just getting or building extended bump stops could work. It doesn't seem that L322 has enough EAS issues to spend too much on back up devices. The front bags seem to go at 7-10 years of age, replace, move on.
this is actually a far better idea than I had.......thank you! Agreed the bags aren't COMMON failure points but given how many road trips I tend to go on, getting stranded in rural Montana would really suck...vs being able to at least limp to a garage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btw if anyone knows of any stock 20" L322 wheels for sale, please let me know [ideally around LA or Utah] -- the black one needs some new shoes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts