RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of us are just waiting for third party manufacturers to come up with mods for the car but I thought I'd give them a list to go off of. Here's the list of stuff I would buy asap.

1) Dual Exhaust tips - Simple ones. Nothing too fancy. Not stacked for god's sake please. [would pay $200-$400 for the pair depending on quality]
2) A solution for clear side markers. ( I know this is near impossible, but ... ) [Would pay up to $1000]
3) Skid plate that are easy to mount. (I'm working on this and have the prototype ready, but still haven't figure out how to mount it without welding retaining nuts to the bottom of the chasis , which is what I'm gonna do next). [Would pay up to $400 depending on quality and easy of mounting]
4) A sound system upgrade kit for the guys who didn't buy the factory upgrade. [Guessing people would pay around $1500-$2500 for the right setup
5) Nicer wheels that fit the car better and give it a more masculine look
6) Replacement front and rear covers for the tow ring in carbon fiber or the like.
7) Nav/Screen/Software hacks of any kind. Throw us a bone here.
8) A real ambient lighting replacement set of lights. At least for the footwell
9) Customized bogos for the puddle light. I want my company logo in that!!! [I'd pay $50 for the pair]
10) A hack to perm-disable the eco-mode. I actually don't mind it but I know many of you do.

So there you go. There's your list. Get crackin!

·
Registered
183 Posts
2) A solution for clear side markers. ( I know this is near impossible, but ... ) [Would pay up to $1000]
? I do not understand this one - please elaborate?

Also, personally, I would like a front light/ push bar - nothing too extreme, but would protect the front end and provide a spot to attach some additional lighting on the front.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,427 Posts
I could use one or two small storage areas in the back cargo area to hold small items. There is an indentation on the right side. I'm going to fabricate a panel so that can be used for storage. My other SUV has a hatch (where the spare tire is) that I use to store towing stuff, (hitches, tools, tow rope etc). Guess these are going in a crate.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I like the euro-spec looks.

the yellow markers are a safety requirement for the US, but lots of euro cars are modding theirs. much cleaner look. imaging your light housing without that extra yellow stick-on piece in there, nice clear housing all round. maybe even yellow LEDs (in clear like the rear turn signals), that would be awesome.

-ThinkMac-

? I do not understand this one - please elaborate?

Also, personally, I would like a front light/ push bar - nothing too extreme, but would protect the front end and provide a spot to attach some additional lighting on the front.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I could use one or two small storage areas in the back cargo area to hold small items. There is an indentation on the right side.
My dealer advised the indentation on the right cargo area is to accommodate the storage of a golf bag filled with clubs -- although I am not a golfer.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,427 Posts
My dealer advised the indentation on the right cargo area is to accommodate the storage of a golf bag filled with clubs -- although I am not a golfer.
And if you are a pixie, you could store a full set of clubs there as well as the cart. `)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I could use one or two small storage areas in the back cargo area to hold small items. There is an indentation on the right side. I'm going to fabricate a panel so that can be used for storage. My other SUV has a hatch (where the spare tire is) that I use to store towing stuff, (hitches, tools, tow rope etc). Guess these are going in a crate.
My RRS came with a Land Rover branded fold up soft storage bin that I am sure is over priced, but actually works out really well for me and looks kind of cool with the logo. It seems to be high quality and has two moveable dividers to make from 1-3 sections. I like it because I can just pull it out if I need to load something big. If its empty and folded, it really is not too bulky.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,427 Posts
My RRS came with a Land Rover branded fold up soft storage bin that I am sure is over priced, but actually works out really well for me and looks kind of cool with the logo. It seems to be high quality and has two moveable dividers to make from 1-3 sections. I like it because I can just pull it out if I need to load something big. If its empty and folded, it really is not too bulky.
Sounds neat. I'll look into that. Was that something you ordered or did your dealer throw it in with the car?

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I second this, even the pockets in the doors cannot really be accessed without stopping to open the door.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How about a place to store your quarters?

My dealer threw in winter mats, winter trunk mat and the storage/carrying case.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
149 Posts
Trez- #6. Do you mean the silver pieces under the bumper?
I replaced mine with Dynamic black pieces.
If you want carbon just get a guy to wrap in carbon 3M film.
Comes off with two screws. Can drive around while guy works on them.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts