RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
`) Since owning my RR HSE I have trolled this forum and found a ton of helpful ideas and fixes. I've saved a ton of money thanks to this forum.

Here's a few tips in return:

- Front and Rear Differential plugs are 14MM allen head (its not a 1/2" drive). These can be found for cheap at Auto Zone
- There is a very easy way to solve the battery drain problem on these 2003-2005+? vehicles. It involves a $5.00 fuse holder and a jumper wire. This little fusebox trick saves a ton of time (and is a good alternative to the dealer relay mess $$) and shuts the hvac system/center stack OFF when the key is turned OFF. Something RR should have considered. :idea:

If anyone is interested I can post pictures of this fix.
I've had in my RR for a year and have not had a dead battery since. 2weeks in an airport lot was the true test! `)

Thanks again for helping me with keeping Betty going.

·
Registered
76 Posts
`) Since owning my RR HSE I have trolled this forum and found a ton of helpful ideas and fixes. I've saved a ton of money thanks to this forum.

- Front and Rear Differential plugs are 14MM allen head (its not a 1/2" drive). These can be found for cheap at Auto Zone
- There is a very easy way to solve the battery drain problem on these 2003-2005+? vehicles. It involves a $5.00 fuse holder and a jumper wire. This little fusebox trick saves a ton of time (and is a good alternative to the dealer relay mess $$) and shuts the hvac system/center stack OFF when the key is turned OFF. Something RR should have considered. :idea:

I've had in my RR for a year and have not had a dead battery since. 2weeks in an airport lot was the true test! `)

could you please show this dead battery saver pictures pls

·
Registered
111 Posts

Yes i would be interested in this fix. You have , would apprciate pics etc , thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Instead of creating a new thread, I'll just post here instead.
I've sold my Range Rover after putting close to $7000 after 4 months of ownership.
After calculating the mathematics behind the cost of ownership, I think I'll either be picking up a 2013 as a lease or a very affordable 2010 from the U.S. sometime next year.
I'll be on the forums from time to time.

I picked up a nice VW in the meantime. '04 Volkswagen Phaeton W12.
I did pick up a custom licence plate that says "FFRR" (Full Fat Range Rover). However, I've already paid for the 1 year registration so I guess I'll be driving around with it for now.

my6unuhu.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts

Yes please that would be fantastic.
Good luck with everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts