RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, 2015.5 MY L494 with TFT dash. I am wondering how do i change the middle screen display (between the tachometer and speedometer). The moment i connect my phone via Bluetooth, it just says Bluetooth in that middle screen and that’s it. Id prefer it to show my trip data, or MPG or an image of the truck, or can it show the GPS screen on the dash? It’s just quite useless, and boring, as it is now. It’ll show the truck briefly when switching driving modes, but its back to “bluetooth” seconds later. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Not sure how to explain it and hopefully the steering wheel controls are the same but hit the OK button on the left side of the wheel.

Use the up and down buttons to scroll all the options and left and right to advance in a particular setting.

Just wish whatever I choose, map, would display as a default and not have to choose it everytime. That and having the TFT map look exactly like the center screen and be able to zoom in and out.

Oh well.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Push the button on the signal stork quickly and you will see the different data change at the bottom of the TFT screen. Push and hold to reset ones like mpg, trip etc.
E8D964FF-6795-4516-B195-7AFDC3F76AB3.jpg

If if the pic of mine above turns out you will see it at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Which model and model year do you have? Im not sure i can get the map on my dash... or maybe i just didnt figure it out yet
2017 RRS

Push the button on the signal stork quickly and you will see the different data change at the bottom of the TFT screen. Push and hold to reset ones like mpg, trip etc.
View attachment 256361

If if the pic of mine above turns out you will see it at the bottom.
Which gauge cluster setting is that? I like to switch it up and that one doesn't look like one that I have.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
2017 RRS

Which gauge cluster setting is that? I like to switch it up and that one doesn't look like one that I have.
it’s a bad pic, but it’s my HST set to Dynamic and Torch light mode, it moves around the Dial to follow the needle.

I forgot to mention the whole point of my post though, which was when Navigation is set to a destination, a graphic appears where it says Bluetooth with an arrow and upcoming junction and a countdown/distance bar to the actual turn.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that’s the screen im inquiring about. I’d like it to show the image of the truck or LR logo in lieu of the ‘Bluetooth’. Is that adjustable?

And the nav question, any chance we can have the whole screen show the nav like the Audi’s?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Pre 2017 there’s no changing the TFT appearance. The middle shows whatever the audio is doing unless you have nav activated and then the arrows go there.

2017 and 2018 can do the nav like you want.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pre 2017 there’s no changing the TFT appearance. The middle shows whatever the audio is doing unless you have nav activated and then the arrows go there.

2017 and 2018 can do the nav like you want.
2017 had a major electoronics overhaul so i suppose this is one of the benefits. I heard cameras are worlds better too. Oh well...

Playing with the infotainment, i found a screen saver option NONE, LR LOGO or VEHICLE IMAGE. What is that for? I change it but nothing happens.

Is there a detailed user manual for this stuff? None of these are listed on any of the manuals that came with my truck. I feel like there may be a specific manual for this that im missing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate to be the guy who whines on the internet, but man, the infotainment in this truck is embarassing. InControl apps is useless, and i mean completely. I also cant play Spotify via USB cable. As of now, i can either play music via bluetooth (reduced quality) OR i can charge my phone. But i cant do both.

Please tell me there is a manual for this **** thing. I tried it all, but it just wont recognize the phone when its plugged into either of the USB ports.

This has been quite disappointing, and mind you, im comparing this to a 2005 E55 AMG. The 13 year old Benz technology is on par, and actually better in some aspects.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hopefully this his might help ?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think most infotainments do the same in that you can’t do Bluetooth audio when a phone is directly plugged into the USB port. At least that’s how both my vehicles are.

I keep an iPod all the time attached to the usb slot for music and keep my phone connected by BT but don’t use it for music at all.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hotdog: I have all my music on my iPhone and Bluetooth works whether it’s plugged in or not on both Cars. I only plug it in if I want to use in control Apps on longer trips and to keep the Phone charged.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well in the 2018, the infotainment system corrects all prior complaints. I can access my iPhone via Bluetooth, select music from my Apple subscription, play, shuffle, all from the top Rover screen. Impressive that I don't need to plug it in to run the phone so well. I haven't even tried to set up incontrol apps. I don't seem to need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think most infotainments do the same in that you can’t do Bluetooth audio when a phone is directly plugged into the USB port. At least that’s how both my vehicles are.

I keep an iPod all the time attached to the usb slot for music and keep my phone connected by BT but don’t use it for music at all.

I would prefer to avoid bluetooth altogether, and have switched it OFF, but even then i cannot get Spotify to play via the cable. I tried via InControls and I tried selecting USB as an audio source. I tried both and i tired both USB slots. Neither works and i can't figure out why... :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would prefer to avoid bluetooth altogether, and have switched it OFF, but even then i cannot get Spotify to play via the cable. I tried via InControls and I tried selecting USB as an audio source. I tried both and i tired both USB slots. Neither works and i can't figure out why... :confused:
Hi Ranger-Over, I haven't really tried to get my InControl Apps going yet (maybe I'm too scared in case it doesn't work), but from the manual I think you need to have bluetooth on:

To view an app on the vehicle's Touch screen, connect your phone via the USB cable, supplied with your phone, to the vehicle's InControl USB socket located in the centre console cubby box. Make sure that the phone is paired via the Bluetooth wireless device connection. On the Touch screen, select the InControl Apps option, then View or Bluetooth settings.
NOTES
To establish a connection to the vehicle, the smartphone must be connected to the InControl USB socket and the Touch screen Home menu displayed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts