RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a lot of confusion. I have emailed and called Terrafirma and LR Direct and have not heard back. The instructions that came with my new springs read that the TF 018 springs are for the rear axle but according to Terrafirma website they are listed as front springs. Also the rear spring guides don’t fit on the TF 018 springs which leads me to believe they are indeed front springs and their instructions are incorrect. Anybody else know the answer?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Range Rovers have air bags, no springs.
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I would think that fronts are obviously heavier springs than the backs

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. It’s very odd. The springs are all silver and the TF 018 have the model number and DS and PS stamped on them as they are different lengths. The rear ones (I hope) have DS and PS written by hand on top of the springs but no other model or part number anyware on them. I hope I haven’t installed the fronts on the rear and the rears on the front. Maybe I’ll try a local Terrafirma distributor.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard back From LR Direct and TF. They state that the TF018 can be installed on the front or the rear but for the P38A They are to be installed on the REAR. Im waiting to hear back again about the tightness of the black Spring tops on the TF018 which I could not get to go on without a lot of force.
I sent pictures and they are investigating. More updates when I hear.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok final update. On the P38A Range Rover the Terrafirma 223HD
kit with medium duty Springs the TF018 Springs go on the REAR of the truck. The other TF 031 unmarked Springs go on the front. The written directions are CORRECT. Do the Fronts first then the rears. FYI. I wasted 8 hours of my time and had to start all over again.

·
Registered
361 Posts
When I bought my P38 it had coil springs, and it would hit the bump stops quite often.

I converted it to airbags again, including the right shocks, and that was a good investment!
The coil springs where quite comfortable, but the airbags are better!! For an off road car it's the perfect highway vehicle. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts