RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere (this is my first post). I am a new owner of a MY17 CPO RR Sport HSE Dynamic and was wondering if there was a way to get txt message or notifications to work with the ICTP (I have Phase 4 of the SW installed). Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum! I just took delivery of my 17 CPO RRS HSE Dynamic yesterday! :)

I'm really curious to find out your answer because I'm still on Phase 3 and there is no support for text messages on this sw version. If phase 4 supports it, it will be a setting on your phone. If you're on iPhone (I don't know Android), go to Bluetooth, select the circle with the "i" next to your car's connection and look in there. You'll see an option called "preview messages" or "view messages" or something like it.

If all you see is contacts, then it's not supported :twisted:

Let me know!

Jose

P.S. What color combo is yours? Mine is Corris Grey on Tan/Ebony/Tan/Ebony

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Covered a few times. I believe it is for phase 4 and phase 5 when it comes out.

Go to settings ---> bluetooth ---> hit the "I" button next to your Range Rover ----> turn on show notifications

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baxterdown,

I am on Android so the settings mentioned of how to turn it on don't help me unfortunately.

Here are some pics of mine. I think I have exact same as yours!

Thanks!

RR1.jpg RR2.jpg RR3.jpg RR4.jpg RR5.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RRToadHall,

Yes I've been reading a lot about iPhone owners making it work with Phase 4 by changing that setting. I am on Android and do not have a setting like that so I am wondering if I have to wait for Phase 5 or Android Auto? Any insight on text messages for Android with Phase 4 ICTP would be helpful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
RR Convert,

Almost! I don't have the two tone seats and I had the dealer swap the 21" wheels with the Style 504 22" that were on my 2014 SC. I'm planning on a few little mods; nothing drastic, but something to make it mine. All and all, I am LOVING the new ride! Enjoy yours in good health! :)

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
I am on Android and do not have a setting like that so I am wondering if I have to wait for Phase 5 or Android Auto? Any insight on text messages for Android with Phase 4 ICTP would be helpful!
You may want to start your own Android Auto thread. Fans of Apple products rarely pay any attention to Android stuff and are really of no help. We have 5 live CarPlay threads between the 405 and 494 sections. I know there are Android folks in your shoes that would like to know what is up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks RRToadHall - I will start a new Android Thread!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
How is the ride comfort with the 22s? I'm not a huge fan of the ride comfort with my 21s so just wondering if it changed at all with the 22s? As for the two tone seats, I haven't seen them in too many places but I like them. Not sure if that was an extra option the original owner paid for but I'm happy! Enjoy yours in good health as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts