Range Rovers Forum banner

Testbook cables for Range Rover Classic LSE EAS?

8K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  p38arover 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a photo of the correct cable. I've tons of that stuff but i'd like to know what i'm looking for.

Thanks

Florent

#2 ·
For T4?

I'm pretty sure have it - I lent it to my local independent last week and he used it on a RRC with EAS. The diagram is shown in the T4 user guide.

#3 ·
p38arover said:
For T4?

I'm pretty sure have it - I lent it to my local independent last week and he used it on a RRC with EAS. The diagram is shown in the T4 user guide.
In fact i'm using a T1 Testbook and i do not have that much diagrams about which cable does what.

I've been looking in my cables set for something that looks like the Classic EAS cable by Malafax ;) and couldn't find anything.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks you very much, i identified it quickly :dance: but my red cable do not have the plug anymore. I don't know why. Looks like it has been cut.

About Malafax's soft compatible cables, there's some on EvilBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-Range-Rov ... 334e317203

#6 ·
I tried to connect to the EAS ECU of the LSE without success. I believe there's something wrong about the red cable.

#7 ·
I'll ask the independent LR mechanic if the red lead had to be connected to battery. I suspect it does as it is an alligator clip.

It's a long weekend here so I can't ask until tomorrow. I could ring his mobile phone but he has gone away camping. I can't contact him - I know because I have already tried calling about something else.

I just had a look at the cabling guide for Testbook 1 and it shows the same cable for the EAS.

#8 ·
996TURBO said:
In fact i'm using a T1 Testbook and i do not have that much diagrams about which cable does what.
Do you want a copy of the Testbook 1 instructions and cabling guide? I can send it.

If you have RAVE disc : . V011
Disc Part Number: VDW103450(1)

you'll find it on there.

#9 ·
p38arover said:
996TURBO said:
Do you want a copy of the Testbook 1 instructions and cabling guide? I can send it.

If you have RAVE disc : . V011
Disc Part Number: VDW103450(1)

you'll find it on there.
That would be great if you can.

About Rave discs, do you know if i can read those directly on my computer?

#10 ·
p38arover said:
I'll ask the independent LR mechanic if the red lead had to be connected to battery. I suspect it does as it is an alligator clip.

It's a long weekend here so I can't ask until tomorrow. I could ring his mobile phone but he has gone away camping. I can't contact him - I know because I have already tried calling about something else.

I just had a look at the cabling guide for Testbook 1 and it shows the same cable for the EAS.
I tried to clip it on the + side of the battery without success too.

#11 ·
996TURBO said:
About Rave discs, do you know if i can read those directly on my computer?
No, you'll need to have loaded the RAVE version of Acrobat 4.0. The PDF is 980kb, if you PM your email address, I can send it to you.

I know someone here knows how to convert it to a normal PDF but I don't.

#12 ·
File sent to your yahoo address.

#13 ·
I just checked the red cable, it does have an alligator clip on the end of the cable.

#14 ·
I just found this pic on my website! I had forgotten I had taken it a while ago :lol:

RRC EAS Plug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.