RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
BBS SPY said:
Could be the Video Bios, have you tried reverting to OEM Video? :think:
other than that, as you have a bios image already, not much i can offer i am afraid. :crybaby2:
Hi Colin, how do you disable the video bios, and revert to oem video then, as it looks like the cirrus logic onboard video has given up the ghost, and although I'm reasonable handy with a soldering iron, a SM i.c. with a zillion pins is a bit beyond me :( . I was thinking it may be possible to utilise an old ISA display card I have, in place of the LAN card, which let's face it doesn't exactly do much does it?
Cheers
Brian. :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hmmn, not sure, its either in the Bios or one of those un marked jumpers methinks.

You would likely have to put in a replacement video card though.
Yea the slot where the Lan was, seems like as good as any :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Most PCs/video cards, default to a low resolution (VGA) if they can see each other during power on. I'd just try putting it in and connecting your screen. If it doesn't work you haven't lost anything.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Can you just fix the power supply? PSU usually are not that complicated, and its usually the switching transistors that burn up. Usually you can replace those and your good to go. You seem to be into that kind of thing maybe you can try that?

Never mind I see you fixed it. The fast recovery diodes are the other common failures. Make sure its replaced with another fast recovery diode or it will fail again very shortly (if it even works at all).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Woo hoo, no more testbook woes, I've just bought a T4!, one snag is it's minus it's laptop :( , so which Dell laptop came supplied with T4 as standard, as I've tried loading RDS 5.06, onto my panasonic toughbook, with little sucess, as it comes up with wrong hardware/software detected intallation aborted, I've set the drive path as Z, but to no avail :roll: Suggestions on a postcard :D
Brian.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The origional was a Dell 505, but we installed ok on dell 510, 600, 610 and many others, i really don't think the make or model is important. what T4 hardware do you have ?
standard dock or mobile ?

You really do seem to now have this testbook bug bad, i only hope you dont ever get to see our gear :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Colin, its a T4 on a trolley with docking station, AND a hand held tester!, came with every lead conceivable for Rover stuff, including current clamp, pressure transducer, and a whole host of software, not to mention the pegboards containing loads of Rover special tools. when I get it up and running I'll have a play properly!, I'm assuming a desktop running xp SP1, with the network card set to 10Mbps/half duplex, & a suitable cat 5 cable between the pc & the docking station will have me up and running? :dance: As I'm keen to see what the hand held tester is like!
Cheers
Brian.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wahey !, I now have a working T4 ! :dance: :dance: :dance: , so what functions does the hand held tester have, & is it possible to import data from the main dock?
Any suggestions on a postcard please!
Brian :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
BBS SPY said:
The origional was a Dell 505, but we installed ok on dell 510, 600, 610 and many others, i really don't think the make or model is important. what T4 hardware do you have ?
standard dock or mobile ?

You really do seem to now have this testbook bug bad, i only hope you dont ever get to see our gear :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Colin, it seems your worst fears are coming true :shock: :shock: I'm about to close the deal on a Rovacom Lite, OOOOOOH, I can't wait to see what's inside :lol: :lol:
Brian.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hye everyone!
I have an old T1 Testbook, but unfortunatelly the LCD display broken down or maybe that huge vga port. I have changed some IC-s and other parts in it, but it still doesn't work. (only the touchpad works)
Is there any chance to use a casual monitor and serial mouse, or change the VGA card?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts