RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the new 2010 Range Rover HSE at Haron Jag/LR in Fresno where I bought my 2006. They had half a dozen in stock including 3 S/C models, and apparently had about 10 more that have been sold in the last couple weeks. Impressions:

Exterior changes are subtle. All now have the S/C grill thank goodness so they've done away with the posers changing the grills on their non-S/C RRs. Your current RR will not look dated next to the new one.

Interior changes are nice. The new virtual dashboard is cool but I wonder if it's really an improvement on traditional gauges or just a gimmick. Seems like a combination of analog gauges with an information screen would function just as well.

The North American lack of the slick 2-way nav screen allowing the passenger to watch video while the driver sees the navigation screen it a true disappointment. Stupid lawyers and their buddies the bureaucrats. I would suspect a software update will enable this, hopefully they will get this online in the next few months. Maybe a mid-year change?

The extra power is nice and definitely noticeable, but the improved suspension is even more striking IMO. This thing handles circles around my 2006. It is a somewhat harsher ride on the highway than mine...maybe the 20s versus my 19s. So it's a tradeoff. Mine floats like a cloud down the highway. unfortunately it handles like a cloud also.

Really disappointed in the color options. I looked at the build sheet options and you can no longer get sand or tan leather with jet or black carpet. That's what I currently have and it's the best color combination IMO. No piping contrast colors either. The ridiculously easy-to-soil ivory leather gets dirty just looking at it. The parchment isn't much better. The black model has only two interior color options, all black or all tan?? Ever had tan carpets? I have...never again. And all black interior in Fresno where it's over 100 degrees most of the summer...no thanks.

Bottom line, I am going to upgrade but I am in no hurry. I'm going to hold off until they uncripple the nav screen and hopefully improve the interior color combination options. Probably in about 9 months.

·
Registered
159 Posts
rangeenvy said:
Did you see any Autobiography's?
i sat in one in a fremont, ca dealer while waiting for my '06 to get proccessed. super nice. i'll go for one of those.... in 3 years when it costs half as much.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see any autobiographies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts