RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it finally got above 40 degrees fahrenheit here over the weekend and my testbook icon did not come on! It's been on most of the winter - but all the functions of the climate control seem to work properly. I tried fresh/interior air - all the position settings for the vents - temperature of the air seems consistent side to side - everything and it all works properly, but I still had a testbook. So I changed the cabin air filters and the plenum filter - STILL had a test book. Then over the weekend the temperature rose to the 50's or so - that combine with the sun and a sunroof with the shade open and the interior was fairly warm - I drove it for over 2 hours solid and no testbook. Then, back in the 30's today and the testbook is back. IDEAS?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Mine does the same and i found the culprit : trinary switch.
Does you A/C comp works?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the one thing I have test / tried out is whether or not the A/C compressor is running or not. Trinary switch you say?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I know it sounds silly, but it works for me whenever my testbook comes up, this is a tip I learned from Storey Wilson. Put your key in the ignition and turn it on and off rapidly without starting the engine about ten times and it clears on mine every time. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a similar problem when it get really cold. The testbook comes on although all heating functions appear to work great. It usually goes out when I re-start the truck. Sorry I couldn't be of more help as I was equally perplexed.

Do you have any other issues with the HVAC such as inconsistent Auto function?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, everything works properly (As best I can tell - I still haven't tested the A/C compressor). Another thing to note: my book doesn't come on immediately - it usually takes 5-10 minutes after my Rover is running for it to come on.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the same issue. I've had all the blend motors and heater core replaced, A/C is fully charged. Not sure why it happens but it happens just as you describe. Lately however the hvac has been acting up where it won't switch air to the dash vents on command, but this happens inconsistently. The blend motors were all replaced in November, so it's going back to the dealer who did the install. I'll ask about the Testbook and see if they have any ideas (the Testbook issue was happening prior to the vent issue).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! Thanks - keep me updated. I would really love to know what could be causing this. I've considered the inside temperature sensor as the fan on it makes a grinding noise when it's really cold - but I'm not sure and for right now I refuse to pay the dealer to read it with the testbook - I'm saving for my own tool.

·
Registered
167 Posts
45 F is my dividing point. Above 45 it works just like it is supposed to and below 45 it shows me the Check book symbol.

After it blows warm air for a bit a restart will reset it to full operation.

I am presuming that when cold the housing plastic shrinks enough to trap one of the blend doors. But after it warms up it expands enough to allow it to move properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts