Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
I have the R3's on a 2016 RRS V8... They are noisy at all speeds, but to be expected given the crystals I think. Snow/slush around 0c/1c they do ok - forward traction/uphill is good, lateral too. Braking/downhill not so good, far from confidence inspiring. Same results on snow ice down to -5c; forward traction/uphill good, lateral good, downhill/ice/braking not so good, raises my heart rate. The vredestine wintrac extremes are the best I had on this car, and I tried a few. They beat the R3's handsomely for braking and downhill. They are also the quietest tyre I ever had - that includes summer tyres. And they will go well beyond the 190kmph rating of the R3's (I use German autobahns a lot). Just don't use them below 5mm. All tested over several Swiss winters up and down small, steep untreated mountain roads to walk the dog. Auto response is good, but dedicated snow setting is better - the car reacts much quicker to traction loss or slides. Low range, snow setting, hill decent on: down a black ice/snow/ steep mountain road with zero margin for error - car just handles it. No idea how, just gets the car down. Incredible. Did the same road in an X5 with hill decent on - what a joke, almost died. Never been so terrified. Same tyres too. RRS in the winter is truly a tool.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.