RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The knob selector that is in my 2014 RR Sport Supercharged won't stay down when pushed to select Auto Terrain Response. When I press the knob down, the dash indicates that the Auto mode is selected, but the knob does not stay down. When released, the knob rises and the General Terrain Response is indicated on the dash. It seems to be a mechanical issue with the knob. Does anyone have experience with this symptom? Are there instructions on removing the console to have a look under the knob?

·
Registered
14 Posts
A bit off topic, but I have tested my selection dial for the first time (never use it, always in down position, sport 2015 Autobiography);
When I release and push down the button again (down position) no 'auto' message on display, neither. Quite fare, as on the dial there is also no 'auto' print (see pic); does this mean that my car does not have the auto selection function
? ;(
I remember to have read somewhere in a review that the auto gear selection function of LRJ 'raises a statue for the most wasted time of excellent engineering development' (something like that, translated phrase), so actually I have never missed it a lot.
Any comments/help on this? Anybody actually using it (on the roads)? Thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
OP - probably time to install a new Terrain response control unit or attempt a repair of the mechanical switch if you are so inclined. Check on eBay for used parts if you want to keep costs down. Nothing sounds to be wrong electronically.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You do not have terrain response (TR) 2 and therefore you do not have auto TR. You also do not have the low-range gearbox or the rock-crawl and dynamic response TR settings. You also do not have active damping which provides greater comfort and handling while on road depending on road conditions. (Are you sure you have an ATB?)
If you don’t take your RRS off-road (I do) then TR2 is not that important. I believe it’s a great capability and it really does work. TR in general is a great piece of engineering in my opinion and makes driving over/through obstacles very easy. Active damping does provide a better ride on road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info! As for the ATB, just checked it; it is an interior design option:

'An Autobiography is one of those rare opportunities in life to say precisely what you want to say. With Range Rover Autobiography, you have the freedom to express you own distinct taste through wide choices of optional colors and materials creating a vehicle that is an individual as its owner. The Autobiography program is available when you specify The Range Rover Supercharged, the naturally aspirated V8, or diesel as your vehicle order and can be tailored to your individual specification. Take as many liberties as you like. Paintwork, seats, rugs, leathers, wood finishes, facia, steering wheel or perhaps an embroidered headrest. With Autobiography, there are no rules'

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ah, my mistake - I just noticed from your signature you are in Germany. In North America the Autobiography is only available with the Supercharged V8 which has the dynamic response, low range, TR2, locking center and rear diff and continuous damping as standard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts