RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was driving my 2014 RRS SC, which has terrain response II, this weekend on the beach in deep sand. Prior to pulling into the sand, I twisted the terrain selector to sand mode, and raised the suspension setting due to the clearance needed for driving in the deep soft-sand ruts. As I was driving on the beach (in a spirited manner), a warning light appeared that the terrain response had failed! The truck lowered to its default setting and the terrain selector light automatically moved out of "sand" mode and said that traction control was unavailable. After this happened, I was unable to raise the suspension or change the terrain response setting.

After turning the car off and back on again, I was able to return to sand mode and once again raise the suspension - and the failure did not occur again (I drove more conservatively after the system failed). Has this ever happened to anyone? Is there a problem with my system, or did I do something to cause the failure? Or is this just one of those occasional quirks I should be prepared for? My Sport only has 19,000 miles on it - so I'm a little bummed/concerned.

IMG_3192.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe so, but it's possible. What would that indicate?

·
Banned
305 Posts
not to be glib- typical LR electrical glitching. neither you nor the manufacturer senior tech will ever know what happened. but in all reality some sensor went off to protect the system. begging the question- what is the point of such an unrobust hardware/ software system. welcome to land rover ownership. they are full of character though aren't they?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. To be honest, I don't really mind if the system glitches out every once in awhile, if all I have to do to fix it is turn the car off and back on... the concerning part for me is if there are significant mechanical issues/expensive repairs, or if the system doesn't reset when the truck is turned off and back on again. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Banned
305 Posts
Interesting. To be honest, I don't really mind if the system glitches out every once in awhile, if all I have to do to fix it is turn the car off and back on... the concerning part for me is if there are significant mechanical issues/expensive repairs, or if the system doesn't reset when the truck is turned off and back on again. Has this happened to anyone else?
stuff like that can behave any which way. most of the time you see it randomly. dealer checks and rechecks. can't reproduce (after driving it 40 miles). less often it will repeat a few times and then no more. sometimes it can persist for a few miles then reset. rarely will it fail multiple systems (suspension, IEB, and ABS, etc..)

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
584 Posts
I don't believe so, but it's possible. What would that indicate?
Possible issue with the air compressor. I was receiving susp fault messages that would clear when I restarted the vehicle. I was unable to change the height of the vehicle and it would return to its baseline settings when the error occurred. Turned out to be a sensor triggering when there was not adequate pressure being generated by the compressor. Solution was a new compressor. However, I have a MY13 with 40K on the clock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts