Discussion Starter #1
This arrived this morning :)

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
59 Posts
Good to see somebody taking the risk and being the guinea pig , how does the quality look , such as the thickness of plastic and is there any install instructions or template for guard mounting , sorry about all the questions I'm just really intersted in any aftermarket accessories as there isn't a great deal down here in the land of oz

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Great to see it is finally available! I'm looking forward to seeing it installed, as I'm sure you are.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to see somebody taking the risk and being the guinea pig , how does the quality look , such as the thickness of plastic and is there any install instructions or template for guard mounting , sorry about all the questions I'm just really intersted in any aftermarket accessories as there isn't a great deal down here in the land of oz
The quality looks good, nice plastic and there are install instructions but no template.

We held it up against the car and it looks to be a neat fit.

I am going to make a template from cardboard and drill the holes as small as I can get them. The instructions suggest making the holes 16mm then using penny washers on the studs but I think I can get the holes accurate enough to use smaller holes

·
Registered
97 Posts
We need to see some pictures of this on the car asap! Have you fitted it this weekend by any chance?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First fitting is pretty good, it clears the bull bar at the front by about 3mm

Problems are;

The intake does not quite line up with the snorkel, see pic with paint pen marking. I have solved this by cutting a piece out of the intake adaptor and moulding it with some fibreglass, now it will line up very well, see pic with first layer of fiberglass. It may be that the early models had the air intake in a slightly different spot.

Second issue is attaching the upper pipe, from the instructions it seems that it just attaches to the A pillar external trim. My feeling is that this is not going to be strong enough. I have asked TF for some assistance, even a pic would be a big help

All in all I am pretty happy with the quality and the fit

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Overall I am pretty happy, I had to modify the intake adapter and make a different mounting bracket for the upright tube.

I'll knock up a web page in the next few days

It does the business however and it looks pretty good IMHO

Steve

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts