RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am the proud new owner of a forest green 1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE. I have always wanted a Range Rover--especially the P38--so I am very happy to have purchased one for cheap with only 117,000 miles. There were, however, some faults with the car when I bought it. One such problem is the fact that the temperature gauge does not move away from "cold." Can anyone help me diagnosis the potential cause of this problem?

Thank you,

Joe

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Martin are you nearing the end of your EDL allotted time? :lol:

So other than the info posted.. He is posting from the Home of the Seattle Squeeze, VIA-doom, and in 6 days everyone from Lynnwood to Federal Way will be experiencing
"THE TUNNEL EFFECT" until early February.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
770 Posts
I take it you have changed the sensors? If there’s someone near you with a nanocom they can read the temperature.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
We have to know GEMS or Bosch first. I ma sure we will have that info soon. Then he can check the correct sensor for corrosion or damage at the connector. Then he can follow RAVE to test for the correct values. Then if the sensor is truly dead, then he can spend he money to replace. The only other options are a bad feed to the gauge or a poor ground at the gauge. in an extreme odd situation a failed gauge. I have never heard of a P38 temp gauge failing, but anything is possible, just not likely. In that case you pick up a cheap instrument cluster and swap over the temp guage. DO NO install a different cluster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts