RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Tellico is a huge topic with SOLAROS, which is - effectively - an Atlanta area Land Rover enthusiasts group.

I am a SOLAROS member, and Tellico is a constant topic of discussion on the association/group forum.

I have never been to Tellico.

It's amazing to me how far from Atlanta you have to go in to order to do any kosher off-roading.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
In MI, you can't throw a dead cat without hitting a lake or pond or river or creek, etc. They are all over the place.

I know you know 100 X as much about this stuff as I do, Mike. Atlanta and environs pretty much just has two rivers: 1. The Hooch and 2. The Hooch.

Lake Lanier and Lake Hartwell would not be there if not for dams. I'm not sure, but I think a few of the others have been created in the same manner.

When stuff gets into the water system, there aren't too many places for it to go. The City of Atlanta is piling up zillions of dollars in federal fines for its mishandling of water. (When the biggest wastewater treatment facility around failed during the recent flood activity, I don't know how many tons of literal crap went into the river).

My house is maybe a third of a mile from The Hooch, in a straight line. Maybe less. On some mornings, it does give off a distinctive aroma.

(Though it can't compare to the legendary smell of the paper mill(s) that I had the pleasure of experiencing when I was a kid in Savannah. It makes me shudder a little just thinking about it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts