RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures or knowledge of the telescopic adjustment lock mechanism on the steering column? Mine will lock nicely in the up and down position but I am able to pull toward/push away the column, it wont clamp tight. If I use the adjustment lever it moves back and forth more freely, there is more resistance without the lever pulled so it is making a difference, but nowhere near enough to hold it in the desired position. I have only read so far of people having the problem with the up and down part, never the in and out. This is the only thing stopping me having it on the road again after 2 and a half years without :cry:

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
:think: 2.5 years sitting with this issue? Have you looked in RAVE yet? I don't have a copy here or I'd check.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.5 years sitting with this issue? Have you looked in RAVE yet? I don't have a copy here or I'd check.
Aha, no its a long story. Cut short, the car was off the road for 2.5 years for other reasons and during that time got broken into with an attempt at stealing it, which required a new steering column as the thieves smashed the ignition barrel and housing to bits, now I am ready to return it to the road this is the only thing left i have to sort after fitting the replacement column. I've checked RAVE with no success unfortunately, it details removal and refitting of the column but not much else. :cry:

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Since you are fitting a replacement column why don't you pull the old one a part? In RAVE, under steering column repair, is picture 57M7003 which roughly shows the lever, cable and locking bit. Pull the old one apart and see if you can figure out the flaw in the replacement. Between the two you should be able to get back on the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts