RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TekPro 3000LR has been out from AtlanticBritish from some time now, but I still haven't seen any decent reviews about its functionality. Anyone using it? It is a bit pricey but they keep having 'sales' and I am tempted to try it. It comes unlocked for all rover vehicles and is a stand-alone device. Right now, it is $1200USD which is much more palatable than the $2000 list. I am really curious as to if you can program the BECM on a P38.

I am also looking at the Lynx, which sounds like a good deal for one vehicle at $250euros or about $320 USD. The unlocked device for all models is $1000euros or about $1300usd. It must be connected to a laptop which gives you more diagnostic info on screen, but then you need to deal with connectivity, software updates and laptop charging in the field.

I will be adding at least one more rover product to my garage and possibly two. In addition, I have buddies and family with other rovers models and I think it would be better to have all models available. For my purposes, I think the stand-alone model is better as it can be used on the trail easier, the place I am most fearful that my rover (or others I am traveling with) will have a serious fault.

Interesting to note...Lynx marketed by Britpart in collaboration with Omitec for the laptop version. The TekPro is marketed exclusively by AtlanticBritish with no mention of Omitec, but on Amazon, it says the TekPro is made by Omitec. Maybe the brains of both systems are the same.

I know BBS has been the main player in rover diagnostics and I commend their work and am amazed at what they have done independently. But I want multi-vehicle compatibility.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Give Brian W a buzz at AB and ask what capabilities it has. If he doesn;t know off the top of his head he will be mor ethan happy to find out.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give them a call. I thought they were open today (Saturday) but I will have to wait until Monday. Sale says 'through 9/9' which should mean I can still purchase it Monday.

My only other reservation about the system is that it doesn't cover the LR4 or 2010 and later vehicles. I was thinking about an LR4 for the wife. I will inquire about updates to the system. It was originally released in 2011 so those vehicles were probably too new at the time.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
HTML:
I have one Ted ill be happy to send it to you to play with if you would like :)

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
I emailed AB, if they can get me one for the price posted here, I'll take one I guess.

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
$1099 right now, ordered one today when a helpful member of the AB staff emailed me about one.

Martin

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the unit and it is pretty slick. I really like it as a standalone unit. It has tons of menus and accesses all comouter systems. Interestingly, my truck was classified as a Canada model and the immobilizer was already turned off. I assume someone had already changed this. I turned off my alarm as I do not want a full lockdown when I head to Baja next month.

Playing with it, I diagnosed my SRS light that was bugging me and my book symbol HEVAC that looks a coolant hise sensor. I turned on daytime running lights from the BECM.

The only downside to this device is that it doesn't cover 2010 and newer models. My buddy has a 2010 Sport so it won't work. But for older models it is very comprehensive. Will be great for our rover group trips with lots of vehicles.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
325 Posts
Does anyone have a direct e-mail address for AB please? I'm after ordering a Tek Pro but am unable to do so online. I assume that this is because my card address is Malaysia and delivery address is Philippines. Until I get the company paperwork sorted out I can't open a Philippine account and get a credit card.

I tried to use their mail form but that assumes I'm in the US for all the required fields, so I can't use that.

Info appreciated, thanks.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Wait until they open in the morning and call them. THey also offer live chat.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Eric's email is:
[email protected]

Thas who I dealt with there, excellent, and even replied on a weekend.

Martin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts