·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
131 Posts
It does look nice !
I think you will find not very practicle as it will mark very easily and everything will slide around a lot.
Plus how do you get to your spare tyre wheel well ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
It does look nice !
I think you will find not very practicle as it will mark very easily and everything will slide around a lot.
Plus how do you get to your spare tyre wheel well ?
I have seen the OE of this rather strange option on an SVA. The big bit replaces the floor/spare wheel cover. Just like the carpeted one there is a handle that folds up and can be used to pull it out on the sliders. I think the sliding around issue is why they provide it with a loadspace rail kit so you can use tie downs or install the cross bar to hold loose items against the backseats or tailgate. The pictures look as if the wood on this aftermarket is unfinished but if finished properly and unless you are shifting rocks around it should not mark that bad.

Only two things I can see wrong with it.
1) they mention that the lower piece of the tailgate is plastic, I assume some kind of vinyl. I cannot remember what the real one looks like but pretty sure it was wood.
2) I would probably only opt for the OEM loadspace rails as you need it to be fully compatible with the dividers that come from JLR and as it is something you would use pretty frequently you do not want anything that is not smooth or catches etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts