RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have a 2007 RRS tdv8 , pulled away from traffic lights and cut out , recovered to a garage , plug diagnostic computer in , literally everything’s lost CAN communication , non starter at this point further investigation new battery winds over still no start bleed fuel system starts fine , I’m understanding it’s run out of electricity so shut all the systems down hence the fuel system bleed , now starts but battery light on check charging 11v so replaced alternator and battery started up battery light still on , check charging again 13.5v and now got code p0625 assumed the smart charging side of the new alternator not working send back get new fit new one still same issue , any help on where to look now ? Wires all seem fine , can’t possibly be a 2nd faulty unit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bit of a follow up checked continuity of the wires from alternator the ecu they are fine , is there anything else controlling the “smart” charge system ?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
626 Posts
The original communications failures are most likely not important and are just a secondary result of major issues causing the loss of communication.

You said you replaced the alternator - what about the battery? Sounds like a battery issue now.

After you change an alternator it takes about 5 engine start/stop cycles to clear all codes.

Also as you are in the UK where there are plenty of TDV8s you should really go to RRSPORT.CO.UK • Index
This is a US site an they only have V8 petrols here - no diesels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve posted in the uk forum , it’s got a brand new AGM battery on as well as new alternator , wires are all fine continuity from the 3 pin plug to the ecu , think next step is send ecu away for testing/repair

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
626 Posts
The ECU will almost certainly be ok, if it were faulty the codes would tell you.

Code p0625 is Generator field terminal -circuit low so that indicates there is still a charging problem - maybe something shorted or even a dud second alternator but unlikely - more likely an issue on installing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts