RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've encountered a problem after a fuel filter replacement on my 2007 TDV8.

I primed the the filter, but it ran lumpy, so I decided to bleed the low pressure system as per the RAVE instructions. With the trapped air purged, I restarted but I noticed a little diesel leaking out of the bleed valve. It stopped quite quickly , making me think I'd just spilled a little or that the schrader valve was a bit sticky. The car certainly runs well, but after noticing the leak I bled it again for good measure and some air had made its way back in the low pressure system again. Re-bleeding just starts the cycle again so I'm now looking to possibly replace the pipe with the bleed valve in it, or just the schrader valve itself.

Has anybody experienced similar behaviour and secondly, does anybody in the forum know what the part number is for this pipe? I've looked on all the various on-line Microcat websites but can't find the low pressure bleed pipe anywhere. All of them show TDV8 pipes from the tank to the filter/fuel cooler, the pipes that leave the fuel filter but then nothing else until the high pressure fuel pump.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update on the original problem. It seems that the schrader valve somehow got dirt or rubbish in it which caused it not to seal properly. To solve the problem I completely unscrewed the valve core and gave it a thorough clean in some carb cleaner With the valve out, I also ran the purge cycle a few times to make sure it was clean. Screwing the valve back in again and re-running the cycle seemed to fully cure the problem and the leak has now disappeared.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts