RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks ....

Just a guest here today.... will join the forum proper after my purchase of a Sport in the coming weeks. Please forgive me if this question /post is not in the proper place.
I live in Sweden now, used car market pretty steep here , plus every jam jar is black with the totally impractical cream interior! LOL.... Heading over to Germany or Italy to purchase a RR Sport.... prefer to hunt down a 2012 model if it manages to meet my criteria but more than likely be a 2010...... to get to my question , generally speaking which has the better running costs if any between the TDV6 and the SDV6, we can assume both will be equal in engine size and an auto transmission.

Thank you ever so much in advance those that clear this up for me .... I'm no stranger to Land Rovers , a former owner of Disco's. and never paid attention to details !

Kind Regards

Sean

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
709 Posts
The TDV6 is the 2.7 litre V6 single turbo where the SDV6 is the 3.0 litre V6 twin (sequential) engine - the 2.7 is 140kw vs the 3.0 is 180kw.

The 2.7 TDV6 is only fitted to the L320 (series 1) where the 3.0 SDV6 is only fitted to the L320 (series 2 - the updated model) so you need to know which model you want - the up date or not.

The engine to really look at the 3.6 litre TDV8 (about 200kw) - also a sequential diesel - was in the L320 series 1 and the early L320 series 2.

So no they are not the same engine - but all are 6 speed autos.

A 2010 to 2012 is L320 series 2 so basically all 3.0 SDV6 but you might find a TDV8 at the earlier end.

Garry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts