RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys would be interested ...

Just did a road trip from Miami to Jacksonville area... All highway

Heading North with the wind on my stern I got 30 MPG at 80 mph

Heading South into a headwind = 24.3 MPG at 80 mph

BTW - we had a tropical Depression so it was windy

Guess these big boys need a tailwind .... :mrgreen:

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
That's a great data point for us all Triple Net, I was very interested in getting a Diesel but ended up going with a cheaper used Supercharged. It seems like your average was about 27 mpg, excellent for a vehicle of this size and weight on an 80 mph trip!

One of the reasons I didn't end up with the diesel was the reduced fuel tank size that partly negated the range advantage I wanted. But, based on your figures there still must be one. I seem to be averaging more like 19 or 20 on the Supercharged, significantly less than your findings!

Keep up the great work,

Cheers

John

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 6k miles I am averaging 28.5 MPG mixed driving and getting 540 miles per tank ...

Other than the turbo lag I love the engine ... truck is great !!!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
469 Posts
I agree with the Turbo lag being my only minor issue (a super charged / turbo diesel would be great..lol) ... around town I still get great mileage even though we have many hills and I drive it pretty aggressively...Last big trip Round trip from NJ to NH...27mpg at 80+...very happy...also agree with the tank size...

·
Registered
952 Posts
I routinely get 30 MPG on highway road trips at 75 MPH. been very impressed with the TDV6.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Seeing about 27-28mpg around town, and on road trips we have never seen 32mpg but we have seen 30.4-31.4. Getting ready to start thinking about a tune....has anyone explored a tune?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Seeing about 27-28mpg around town, and on road trips we have never seen 32mpg but we have seen 30.4-31.4. Getting ready to start thinking about a tune....has anyone explored a tune?
I have been looking into the Velocity tune...STOCK 254BHP ----) TUNED 322BHP (+68BHP)
STOCK 443FT/LBS -----) TUNED 608FT/LBS (+165FT/LBS) Stuart the owner gave me the number of a guy who has tuned his TD6 and his McLaren...the only issue is for the 2017+ you have to use a loaner tool to load the Tune and to go back to stock...a bit of an issue if you have to go in for some sort of recall that requires an ECU update...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see about 26 MPG on my normal commute which is about 80% highway driving. I've seen 30mpg on a fairly hilly 100% highway route. I love not having to be at the pump more than once a week!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nothing like a big fixed wind sail for a downwind run!

I recently drove over 1200 miles RT to Cape Hatteras pulling a windsurfing trailer (pretty light but still). Averaged nearly 28 mpg overall and over 30mpg on highways where my speed was capped at 65mph. No question that the mileage suffers as you push this beast above 75-80, but so impressive for such a large SUV. Like others, I'd love to see a larger fuel (and DEF!) tank for even better range.

Thought you guys would be interested ...

Just did a road trip from Miami to Jacksonville area... All highway

Heading North with the wind on my stern I got 30 MPG at 80 mph

Heading South into a headwind = 24.3 MPG at 80 mph

BTW - we had a tropical Depression so it was windy

Guess these big boys need a tailwind .... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am coming on 1 year with my '17 HSETD6 and, at 5,200 miles I usually average between 28 MPG and 31 MPG. I do about 1/2 city driving and 1/2 driving to my cabin in the mountains. Landed one tank mileage of 615 miles but truck was screaming at me by the time I pulled into a fuel station!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
23 Posts
if I reset on highway and drive 25miles, I get 32mpg, I normally get around 21mpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts