RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have noticed a pretty severe rattle (not two small pieces of plastic rubbing together) from the drivers footwell or the IP itself while at a stoplight and the break fully depressed...the engine is nice and warm and it is on cold and mild days...as soon as I let off the brake the noise stops...sometimes if you partially release the brake and then reapply it will also stop for a bit..it is almost more of a rumble then a rattle....something I would almost chalk up to a diesel but always remarked at how quite it is and you would never know it was a diesel....

It will not do it in park so I am wondering if has to do with the torque converter if the new electronic transmissions even have one?

Any thoughts...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Sounds like it has something to do with the brake arm or connections down there. Not sure if your vehicle is under warranty but I would just take it in and have them listen to it if in fact it is. Otherwise have someone press down on the brake pedal whilst your under the footwell listening and inspecting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts