RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, have been studying the forum for a long time and have learnt a lot.i have had 2 classics no problem and 2 p38 absolute rubbish,but still coming back for more, so what i would like to ask is this, do the l322 last and are they able to be reliable with over 100k miles on them,i am an ex truck mechanic so not bothered about mechanics just the electrics,i dont usually worry to much about high miles but with previous experience i am a bit concerned, i have looked at a 2004 td6 120000 miles drives fine motor a bit agricultural but ok everything works, seat bit worn but would be able to replace cover and foam etc, anyway just wondered if any of you good people had any thoughts many thanks in advance

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: td6 do they l;ast

i think as long as it has been cared for by prev owners / full service history / regular oil / filter changes and the gearbox filter and oil change this should be good. ive only had my TD6 for 7 months now and only trouble ive had was the air springs ecu had a little problem which was a simple and cheap fix. :thumb:
good luck as with all rangerovers you either buy a good one or get yourself a money pit.
ian

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: td6 do they l;ast

Mine doesn't have so many miles on it, but the signs look good.
Had it for a year and a half, done 30k miles. 60k total. Only one problem other than routine servicing and that was a pin hole in an air line to the springs. Cost 200 pounds to fix at the dealers and vehicle could be used in the meantime.

As said above, look after it (mine always goes to a dealer for services), change the gearbox (sealed for life) oil and filter and they look to be pretty durable.
Of course you'll always hear horror storries, but most people who are happy don't say.
Only those with problems speak up which can make them look more unreliable than they are.

I plod, I don't drive fast. Td6 suits me well in unmoddifed/chipped guise. I don't drive around trying to squeeeze every last drop of performance out of the engine either. So I hope it'll last well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts