RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know the part # and where I could source some replacements? Thanks in advance!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
Which parts do you mean?

There are 2x Fir tree fasteners down the back which hold the headlining up at the tailgate end. They are part no: MWC9832LUH
The caps for the tops of the screws that hold the handles in are part number: MXC9194LUM
The blanking caps for where the grab handle would be above the drivers door are: BTR8261LUM

You could always try a breakers yard and see if you can grab some off a wrecked vehicle, or do a search for the part numbers on one of the parts websites and they might still have them available.

Marty

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
Hmm, never seen anything like that and not got them on either of my cars. I don't have a sunroof on either through so it may be something that is only there on cars with a sunroof or it might be something a previous owner fitted to reduce the sag on the headlining.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I can't seem to find them anywhere. Also not exactly sure of their purpose. They don't really seem to be holding the actual headliner up! lol they almost look like they're just stuck on there, but I'm too afraid to just pull them off. They do look factory though..

Thanks!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
They aren't factory fitment on any vehicles. They've obviously been put in by a previous owner to try and hold the headlining fabric up I would guess...

Won't find them on a parts list anywhere I don't think!

If they aren't holding up the fabric, then I have no idea what they are there for.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Those don;t even look close to factory. Wrong shape/too conical. I can think of no option that would be fitted in that area or any reason for those to be there. As they appear to be nothing more than aftermarket nylon pus pins jsut cut the heads off. You can always get replacements at most any auto parts house.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
My guess would be the PO may have damaged the lining and put them in to cover the hole.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strange, because the placement of them is perfect. That's why I thought they were factory. Perhaps only in U.S. models? I'll take another look when I get home from work..

Thanks for all the replies!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
It's not a US model thing. They are not LR trim caps. Outside of the NAS headliner removal directions the only options holes would be for child seat anchors (extreme rear), dog guard (rear of the grab handles) or roof luggage nets (there would be 8 holes). None of these options are predrilled in the head linging so there would be no need for plugs. Also none of them are placed where your plugs are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts