RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all LR enthusiasts. Just joined the forum and am glad to be here. Picked up an 05 rrs supercharged with 150k miles on the clock last week. My question is, it starts up right away during the day, but when I go to start it up in the morning, it takes between two to three seconds for the engine to turn over. Is this acceptable to y'all or am just being anal? It's winter here in Asia but the temp Is very mild. Would you guys still use 5w30 oil or would you go to 5w50 since it's got Many miles on it? Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
336 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forum!

Look up "cleaning the MAF Sensor". I'd start there. It may be a chance it's not been cleaned before, but even if so, that'd be where I'd start; after a day or so, & you're still having the issue, I'd check the battery...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts
We had a similar problem, fuel pressure too low, check your gasoline pressure with cold engine.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
611 Posts
cold start? in Taiwan?
For starting in extreme cold winter conditions.
Change oil, first
spark plugs
good gas
fuel filter
fuel pump needs to be checked
air filter
clean injectors
check injection coils
after all check your battery
if you have still problems with starting, clean throttle body, maf sensor.

i did all change and clean everything but i have a ugly idle problem. on -35C Range Rover starts in first time but idle rpm is 750. it is very very low. i thing i have some software issue and cant solve this problem.

any truck you can start on cold weather conditions. first Battery, oil, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, fuel pump, injection system, throttle body, maf sensor.

dont forget to check coolant.

i am using fuchs(TITAN) coolant for cold weather its not freezing on -55C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts