Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the top glass part will open fine but as a whole tailgate it wo t open have tried the so called emergency open by pressing the lock and unlock on fob nothing no noise
Also the button on the bottom button on the tailgate wont even push in
Dealer I brought off is not interested in help so seei g if there's anything I can try while waiting to get it booked it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Something might be stuck between the tailgate and trunk floor (or in the latch). Did you try pushing down real hard on the tailgate when you press the release button? I had that happen to me before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something might be stuck between the tailgate and trunk floor (or in the latch). Did you try pushing down real hard on the tailgate when you press the release button? I had that happen to me before.
No I haven't tried as was unsure how hard to push when even closing the glass part but will give it a go tomorrow morning worth a go
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Put all your weight on it as you're pressing the release button. If there's something stuck in there that's binding things up then you need to compress it to a point that it will allow the latch to release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts