RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Range rover sport tailgate will only open approx 90%. When i push it up by hand all the way i notice it can go up atleast another 1.25". At the same time it will only close with the button on the tailgate and will not close with the remote.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Why not read the manual? I guarantee the answers are in there.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,461 Posts
My guess would be the gate cartridges holding the gate may be wearing out...and have lost their pressure to lift the gate.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
My guess is that someone set the opening at a lower level, as I did for my shorter wife: to wit, read post #2, it's in the manual. So is the the fact the gate doesn't close on remote.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
I guess I'm stuck in manual tailgate mode then...much easier to diagnose than the remote/automated/kick foot underneath to make it open and close...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Nowhere in the manual does it show an adjustable height for the tailgate. I searched everywhere
If I go out and take a picture of the page will you PayPal me 100 dollars?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Admittedly, my unit is a 2013. But in my manual on page 12. See, I just saved you $100.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll definitely try that when I get home from work. I find it hard to believe that after only 4 years the struts need replacing. I hope it works

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it did work @jhartz, unfortunately i still cant close the tailgate with the remote, im losing my mind reading this manual. Any help or procedure would help. Ok back to the manual to keep reading

·
Registered
338 Posts
So it did work @jhartz, unfortunately i still cant close the tailgate with the remote, im losing my mind reading this manual. Any help or procedure would help. Ok back to the manual to keep reading
Your trying to close the tailgate with the key fob? I don't think that's possible. If I don't recall, I think I've seen somewhere that it can only be closed by using the close button on the tailgate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts