RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 RR sport

Tailgate will not open, uper or lower. I have a UCM diagnostic kit and I went in tothe BCM and and I am getting a signal from both lower and uper switches so they are ok. There is a fault recorded B105 tailgate release lower, short circuit to battery or open. if I clear the fault it only comes back on if you press the lower switch, not afected by the uppper switch. would love to test the tailgate locks and actuators but I cant figure out how to get to them without opening the tailgate or damaging the trim.

Please Help

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
If I remember correctly there is an emergency open procedure in the manual somewhere. Something like holding down the master lock button on the dash blah, blah.

Since you have an '08 if this doesn't work you'll have to take it to the dealer. My bottom latch malfunctioned about 1,000 miles after I got it, I couldn't open it via the procedure in the manual, and they had to break off the plastic bottom trim to get at the latch.

A few weeks ago my top glass decided to stop working. I'll have to have them check it next time I'm in.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
this has happened to me a few times. always after wiping the interior and accidentally engaging the emergency open mechanism.
First, make sure both top and bottom rear gate are shut. Literally go back and push firmly on both.
Now unlock all doors via the dash button, push it several times. Return to rear gate and press the lower button. You should hear it disengage.

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
ChrisAce said:
2008 RR sport

Tailgate will not open, uper or lower. I have a UCM diagnostic kit and I went in tothe BCM and and I am getting a signal from both lower and uper switches so they are ok. There is a fault recorded B105 tailgate release lower, short circuit to battery or open. if I clear the fault it only comes back on if you press the lower switch, not afected by the uppper switch. would love to test the tailgate locks and actuators but I cant figure out how to get to them without opening the tailgate or damaging the trim.

Please Help

Mine wouldn't close 3 weeks ago, my local dealer had to remove just about the entire rear cargo area, and found the ground for the lock motor that pulls the door in came loose. Problem was fixed. Might be same issue. Just a thought !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts