RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently replaced the upper tailgate on my 1993 LWB The replacement came with no auto lock in place but I have the one I took off the scrap tailgate. BUT I cannot figure out how to fit the mechanism!! Also I cannot seem to find any diagrams showing how to do this. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just stripped and rebuilt the tailgate lock on my RR yesterday. Which bit are you stuck on?

Are you talking about the central locking aspect? As mine does not have that, I'll be unable to help if that is the problem.
James

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying James. Sadly it it the central locking I need. Can't find a diagram of how to refit it all up anywhere! Was hoping the forum might have the answer!

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Sorry if this is Captain Obvious, but how about the 1995 RAVE you can download from green oval? The 95 central locking would be the same or close enough to where it should get you started. I don;t have my laptop with me today, or I would look. It;s worth a shot if you haven;t already done so.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
DOH! I have an older RAVE on this computer... :doh: R

RAVE for 1995 has a picture of removing the actuator. Not that great, but might get you started. It under Electrical / Repair / Upper Tailgate Actuator Unit Service repair 86.26.10

My Range Rover laptop has the 87-93 RAVE. Let me kow if you need further info and I can look things up on that one later this evening for ya. However if memory serves me right the 87-93 RAVE leaves alot to be desired.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Can you post some photos of the bits you've got and the tailgate so we can see what you're working with? It should be pretty straightforward, so I'm wondering if you're missing a part maybe?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies

I have a RAVE CD but mine has no reference to the actuator so any info on that would be great.

I know have all the bits as I dismantled the actuator from the old tailgate ( though stupidly forgetting to make any notes whilst doing it!) DOH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts