RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post so sorry if its already been asked and sorted...

I have a 2007 RangeRover Sport. The last few weeks the top part of my tailgate has frequently popped open on its own when driving and stationary (only with the key in so far).
Has anyone else had this happen and how did you sort it out?

I also have a very noisy suspension compressor, it raises and lowers the car fine but is just very noisy.

Thanks in advance for any help and advise

Ad

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post so sorry if its already been asked and sorted...

I have a 2007 RangeRover Sport. The last few weeks the top part of my tailgate has frequently popped open on its own when driving and stationary (only with the key in so far).
Has anyone else had this happen and how did you sort it out?

I also have a very noisy suspension compressor, it raises and lowers the car fine but is just very noisy.

Thanks in advance for any help and advise

Ad
Hey, Watkin. As far as the compressor, I'm not sure. Our 2006 had the tailgate popping open problem. I feel badly for you, since with ours (2006 SC) they replaced the whole wiring harness that ran from through the ceiling of the car, to the back. Apparently there is a wire back there there that is crimped/frayed that is shorting out that switch, or at least causing the opening motor to think it must activate. I don't remember how long it took or what the price of that harness is, but I would imagine it's not cheap. Heck, maybe it is and is easy to do. Either way, that's what worked for us.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm new to all this forum stuff ha ha.
A new wiring harness! Yikes! Do you know if the tailgate is fused separate to anything else so I can just take the fuse out? I never use that method of boot entry anyway.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts