RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - Just a heads up that if you use your open tailgate for things like, perhaps, leaning on to put on golf shoes, I found out the hard way yesterday that the cables were completely rusted through at where they anchor to the body and they both snapped. I was able to take out my anger on the golf ball however. Will try to replace them this weekend.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did you replace yours? Where did you get the replacement cables? Mine sags a little more on one side (I believe it is the constant sitting on that side to change the shoes for golfing). Thanks
Cyriac

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
I haven't replaced mine, I painfully managed to unblock (WD-40 helped a lot), clean and drown them in grease, so they still work. I suppose they can be ordered from any dealer...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DocJoseph said:
Did you replace yours? Where did you get the replacement cables? Mine sags a little more on one side (I believe it is the constant sitting on that side to change the shoes for golfing). Thanks
Cyriac
I ordered 2 replacement cables from roverlandparts for $30/each which includes the mounting screws/washers. Dealer wanted $118/each plus separate charge for hardware.

http://www.roverlandparts.com/range-rov ... cable.aspx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts