RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys - I have been having an interesting time with my '12 RRSSC. The tailgate will open by itself within a minute or 2 of me opening one of the doors or at start-up. I will be taking it into the shop tomorrow at 0800. Let's see what the story is. I sent this link to the service manager in case they cannot replicate the problem!! :idea:

[video]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40073959/IMG_1717.MOV[/video]

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Just out of curiosity do you have keys on your fob? I have had mine pop open randomly due to keys and it being in my pocket and something pushes button

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just out of curiosity do you have keys on your fob? I have had mine pop open randomly due to keys and it being in my pocket and something pushes button
Your thought is much appreciated.

I took the keys off the fob & the problem did not go away. It only happens in the first minute or 2. If I jump in really quickly and hit the central locking key - then the problem does not occur. It only started doing this on Thursday.

I will post an update tomorrow evening after I get it back from the Dealership.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay - it was the tailgate latch that needs replacement. They ordered the part. It will be here tomorrow and I should have my car by noon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts