RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Range was rejected from the tecnical review because the truck has broken the RHD tail light plastic cover.
It's from 2004, so it has colored lights.

A guy from my country sells me the pair of taillights cheaper than the dealership, the only problem is that the lights are for newer L322, those lights has incoloured plastics.

Will this lights fit in my truck?

feu-arriere-droit-sans-pour-feu-de-position-lateral-pour-range-rover_default.jpg The original lights of my L322
supercharged_20rear_20light_20left_4.jpg The lights this guy offers to me

·
Registered
174 Posts
From what I see, the colored lens lights are likely light bulbs, where the uncolored lenses are likely to house LED's. This difference may affect lamp monitoring systems dependent on voltage drop for monitoring. Ray

·
Registered
9 Posts
Normally a clear lens means that you'll need a coloured bulb. there are bulbs out there that are silver or clear to look at but when they flash or come on they will be yellow or red. the ones with the coloured lens normally have clear bulbs that will just be a white light but as the lens is coloured to what it should be, it will show that colour.
But led bulbs do use less voltage and can flash quicker or you';; get a check bulb warning on your dash, as that bulb isn't using the 12v but less power and so your car thinks that the bulb isn't working :)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
121 Posts
isn't the colored for NA motor cars and clear for the SC motor cars?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bought them today. The lights fits good, all the same except for the colour and a little difference in the bulbs, no a big issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just changed the lights this afternoon.

1) First you need un unscrew the 10mm bolts from the inside.
2) Pop out the lights pulling out with hard, dont care about the light, is very tough.
3) disconnect the pin conector switch, push the plastic clips and pulling out hard (Very hard specially in old trucks)
4) Review the connector switch, for the 02-05 isnt the same, so I re used the original one.
5) Take the plastic template that holds the bulbs out and replace the bulbs with coloured ones.
6) Put all the pieces back and the install the whole light module in the truck. You need to listen a "click" to ensure the light its in the right position.

For the bulbs, I've used regular coloured ones, dont know if the lights requieres an special one :roll:, the regular works fine for me.
Hope I can pass the technical review this time.

----

What are the correct bulbs? i need to re use the original template because the newer has a different switch. I notice than the Bulb codes are different.

There is a technique to fit the bulbs in the old template?

pin_20configuration_7.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts