RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tail Light Retention Black Plastic Socket-Name & Part # Pls

I hate to waste everybody's time but I have flailed around for over an hour and can't find an answer.

I have a 2006 S/C. The rear taillights are affixed to the body with two (2) 10mm bolts and two (2) black plastic sockets per side. As regards the black plastic sockets, pins or studs in the rear of the tail light lens assembly are forced into those sockets and thereby retain and locate the rear of said lens assembly. The pins or studs function somewhat like -- and look **somewhat** like -- the "business end" of a Dzus faster, but they are released by yanking, not turning.

Two (2) of the four (4) sockets on my truck have broken. I would like to replace them but, try as I might, I have not been able to find them (I have searched these forums, Amazon, eBay, looked at dozens of fiches, etc, etc. -- thought they would be quite easy to track down and thus I took no pictures). I hope this is an adequate description for some kind soul to recognize what I'm talking about and come to my rescue -- I need the name and (ideally) the part number. Thanks in advance!

-- Kevin (L322 S/C, P38, XJR, E-Type, etc., etc. -- I've got the sickness)

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
34 Posts
Re: Tail Light Retention Black Plastic Socket-Name & Part #

I had to replace mine last year when i changed my tail lights. i spoke to my local land rover dealer and they identified the part easily and the cost was cheap, if my memory serves me correct it was less than £ 10 for 2. Unfortunately i don't have a part number as it was all done over the phone in one call.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Tail Light Retention Black Plastic Socket-Name & Part #

I found the part number its XYG000042

... the cost are roughly £ 3.50 each from a Land Rover main dealer in the UK.
That was very helpful! This is such a great forum! Thank you so much.

They seem to run over US$13 on eBay with free shipping but Jaguar Land Rover Merriam has them for $4.83 each (plus shipping @ $10.95, but I am buying all four (4) -- "do it right and do it once -- so it balances out).

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts