RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a contact who is having problems with a 2.5 DSE. The problem is that the car is located in Cuba where there is not a great deal of local knowledge.The car has just had its injector pump rebuilt here in the UK by a very trustworthy fuel shop,but is refusing to start.Because of the length of time the pump has been away the battery has been flat etc.Whilst the owner listens and fully understands my intstuctions,it can be difficult to get the local "techs" to take it all on board.
Anyway the reason for me dribbling on about this is that the owner has a faultmate and a synchmate - two products which are newer than the Rovacom kit I've used in the past.Is there anyone on here with good knowledge of how to check and reset the security link between the BECM and the EDC ecu ? I can pass on E-mail address's and phone numbers etc, I'm pretty sure thats all is wrong with it,but I'm really only familiar with how to synch it via T4.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,765 Posts
hey chief, I'd be happy to lend him a hand. PM me his email and I'll shoot him directions. I am usually up quite early in the AM so could "chat" via email should he run into any difficulties.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hiya chaps.

Aint diagnostics great eh! I diagnosed his problem on the telephone with his own diagnostics.

After verifying the codes then was still no start. We played around a bit & then i hit it on the head.

I've got him in hand John. After i pinpointed the problem i then told him what model & series of becm he had.

We'll have him running soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts