RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I arrived now to the forum. My name is Hugo and I am a 32 year old guy living in Portugal. I love my P38. I had a Land Rover Discovery Tdi, then went to a Defender 90 Td5 and switched to P38. A fabulous car.

I have a few problems and I joined the forum for search for some help. So, I will try to explain the first problem.

One of my remotes went without batteries. I replaced the batteries and try to re-sync without success. I have entered the EKA code and I successfully started the motor, but I can not use the remote again to open / close the doors.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Hugo

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Two times when I had to resynch my key, it took literally 2-3 weeks of trying it every time I locked and unlocked it before it worked.

Only once did it work right away. Most people get it right off, but some take awhile like me. Keep trying it for awhile, and search on here for the few different techniques there are to do it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Leave it the ignition for a while it will flash the red LED while it is matching up. nothing to do with the door it the barrel in the ignition. if its not the right key it will not match. Also in the handbook it tells you how to resync the keys but this has nor worked for you.
Onetime

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

In the handbook just tell to put the key in the ignition and let to re-sync, but that didn't work. This is the original key and always worked until it gets out of batteries. Now I can not establish the sync with the P38.

Regards,
Hugo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts