RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My switchpack is toast, as many are- Mine is a late year 1999 4.6 HSE

I found a 1996 HSE being parted out locally with the switchpack, I'm wondering if this will work in my rangie? One is the Bosche system and the other is not?

Also, do they use the same compressor pump? I'm looking at swapping my tired pump as well

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
517 Posts
marshj said:
They look to be the same? Anyone know what a fair price for a used working one would be?
Do you want this in £, US$, Aus$, Euros,N$ yen??

It would help to give people an idea where in the world you live.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone is so very friendly and helpful on this board! :dance:

Sorry I did not realize my location did not show up underneath my signature. Im in the USA. Michigan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It should work. I bought a used switch pack on eBay about a month ago for $90. It was from a 95 and my Rover is a 96. It works well but I did notice that the 95 switch pack does not have the "one touch" up function on the rear windows. They go down with one touch but I'm pretty sure my original pack would put them up too.

There is a white sticker with the year printed on the bottom of the switch pack. If you do buy a used one ask the seller to verify the year and obviously try to get the newest and CLEANEST one you can get. The one I bout was substantially cleaner then the one I replaced. It seems that the previous owner of my truck spilled some cola on the switch pack.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Gemmiti said:
It works well but I did notice that the 95 switch pack does not have the "one touch" up function on the rear windows. They go down with one touch but I'm pretty sure my original pack would put them up too.
This feature is programmed into the BeCM, not the switch pack. You can alter the settings in the BeCM to allow or disable the one touch facility.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to keep searchers with the same question updated- The older window switchpack indeed worked in the 99 p38.

The window issue was resolved. Such a relief having windows in the 90 degree heat

JP

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
some of the very few parts that are interchangeable with each other.

Did you know time:

If your window switch pack fails and you have a sunroof you can easily adapt a non sunroof switch pack to work by removing your sunroof toggle and mount it onto the non sunroof switch, no additional wires etc required, works straight away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts