RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Today I had a look at how my sidesteps were attached and was suprised to see they were bolted through the front guard lower panel. I was going to remove them altogether.
Does anyone know if the mudlfaps are bolted too? Are the bolts in the same place? If so I could just sap them over easily.

Also, At the front end in the mudflap there is a round plug which doesn't want to come out. Does anyone know what it is and how to get it out? It seems to be stopping me getting the sidestep out.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
641 Posts
there are a few variations of design of the mudflaps, but they all have some form of backet which bolts to the inner wing area and the mudflap itself.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Before you get the mudflaps be aware that if you do much driving in wet snow it really builds up inside the mud flap and you end up having to get out and knock it off from time to time or it can interfere with the steering.

They should really have heated mudflaps to prevent this problem. Or a different design that is just straight down flap so it doesn't catch the snow and presumably mud too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Good tip, that's good to know. I don some but not a lot of Snow driving. I want to retain the flaps there mainly to keep the shingle from stone-chipping the side of the vehicle. I do end up making some pretty long drives on gravel roads.

Cheers,
Damo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts