RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I need to hardwire my V1 and I was going to run the 12 volt switched wire from the trunk (from my Amp remote turn on) but that is just insane. I pulled the center console apart and there are a ton of wires under the cup holder, probably 3 or 4 harnesses. Does anyone know if any of these are a switched 12 Volt? I tried to test them but it is really hard to get my voltmeter lead into the tiny harness plugs.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, there is a red wire with a yellow stripe in the center console and it puts out 13.8V when the car is on and none when the car is off. That is measuring it with my voltmeter set to the 'V' section on 9. Is that the proper setting?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned out it was a Red & Green wire and it is on all the time - not switched.

I found two wires that had voltages of 12+ volts when the car was on and 0 when it was off and everything seemed fine. Hardwire was complete and I turned the car on and all the sudden the laser warning started going haywire. I thought it might be the ground so I tired a few other locations and I just ended up tapping into the 'brown' wire in one harness. I tried grounding the wire directly the frame of the car and the problem persisted so it must be something else....

Any ideas?

Does the shop manual for the Range Rover have pinouts for all the wiring harnesses?

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts